CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Favorite Chemical Reaction

It's hard to choose one when there are many good ones out there. But if you haven't already guessed by the picture to the right, i like ones that.....give you a specticle. Like the ones we've done this week in science, they've all included some sort of explosion or transfer of energy. Especially the one that Mr. V. did Tuesday that used sulfur and another element that exploded two feet infront of me. That was pretty cool.

Also if the reaction produces fire durring the change, like fire burning in a fireplace warming you nice and toasty. We couldn't have lived without fire. The ancient people, they would have frozen to death, but they would keep warm around a firepit. I remember at my families yearly campout we have a big fire going almost all the time from sun up to the middle of the night. I love to watch it. I guess I'm fascinated by it.........probably makes me somewhat of a pyro. But don't worry I won't burn down the school.

Oh, I couldnt find a chemical reaction for fire but here is propane combusting to form water and carbon dioxide. i dont know if its balanced but I'll trust the source.

C3H8 + 502 => 3CO2 + 4H2O

1 comments:

Dominique is Amazing said...

apparantly a health teacher leaked it to the students.