Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Looking back, this year seemed to go by fast. That might be because I really liked this year and that it was probably the best year I've had in this school. It's kinda hard to think of one moment that changed my life or altered the way I think. One thing would be I have more friends and a better relationship with my other friends. Another thing that probably changed my life was the freedom of choosing the classes I take. I liked the option of choosing what classes I took, learn what you want to learn. I was placed in gym for one tri (I didn't choose it as one of my classes).
The next tri I took visual communications technology education. I loved that class, especially when we got to do photography and use the darkroom. I remember how you had to load the film into the canister in total darkness, make sure it was on right, then use the chemicals to develope the film and hang it to dry, then cut it into strips of 4 images and go in the darkroom and use the enlarger to make the final picutres. My pictures were pretty basic even though some didn't develope. In the end I would rather use a digital camera over a film one. If you have a bad picture you can delete it right away using digital, but you have to live with what you have in a film camera, sure there are things you can do in the darkroom to make it better but say your picture is too dark and it was of an important moment. Even though it's harder to figure out I still want to learn how to take good pictures using an old fashioned film camera.
Currently in third tri I'm taking ceramics. It's really fun, I liked using the wheel to make pots, typically your first thrown pot is a think small bowl, then the better you get the more creative you are and the better looking your pot are. They eveolve from thick bowls to skinny vases and pots with unique designs.
Because of this year I'm choosing to take photography in 11th grade, and I've found two lifelong hobbies I can do the rest of my life.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Looking Back Upon The School Year
Posted by Nick M at 7:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad to hear you found some interests this year! I have no idea who that one picture is though?!
oh, i believe you do.
i absolutely love your blog..i relate so much to your topics in terms of school and all the things you get up to, being a scholar myself it just hits close to home.
Post a Comment